The below is for information purposes. If you are interested in taking the pledge, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and send it back to us. We will get in touch to explain what's involved and how it works. Thanks for your interest!
Starting from the baseline of their current actions and initiatives, by December 2025, Pledge signers will be required to work to increase the number, size and percentage of Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs*) growing to prime contractors, participating in joint ventures or as equity participants.
They will work toward this effort by:
- Increasing the number, size and proportion of contracting opportunities going to HUBs;
- Increasing the number, size and proportion of contracting opportunities going to HUBs as prime contractors;
- Streamlining the administration of contracting with HUBs to centralize certiﬁcation, improve payment time, and standardize transparent data collection;
- Increasing the amount and type of appropriate ﬁnancing available to HUBs aiming to meet infrastructure contracts by working with private and public partners; and
- Expanding the number of signatories to this Pledge.
*HUBs, by our definition, can include firms formally designated as DBEs, Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE), Small Business Enterprises (SBE), and it can include any other business classification used locally in the United States intended to boost the participation of otherwise underutilized firms, which can vary by state, region, and municipality. We will partner with the Federal government to ensure that funds from the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act support expanded opportunities to create generational wealth for diverse entrepreneurs and workers, especially in underserved communities across America.